Texans looking to buy a new home, either as the next step or as the final property, can achieve amazing value and at an affordable price. If you’re ready to upgrade to a new home in the Amarillo area, now may be the best time to make the leap. Current homeowners have a wide range of advantages when it comes to financing a new home, relying on their current property as a meaningful asset to make the purchase without the high costs. B&M Amarillo Homes, LP is here to create the deal of a lifetime, offering a trade-in value for your current home (the Exit Property) to help you affordably move into one of our new, custom houses.
If you’re planning to put your home on the market soon, or you intend to sell your home to B&M Amarillo Homes as part of our trade program, it’s essential to put in the proper efforts to ensure your property is up to spec and ready to be transferred. Minor improvements across the entire home can add up, making your home more valuable to buyers.
Today, we’ll highlight a few tips to ensure your property is ready for trade-in or for sale. If you’re ready to buy a new home in Amarillo, our program is here to provide an amazing deal backed by the highest quality. Contact us today to learn more about our cost-effective process, and be sure to follow our steps to help you prepare for closing day!
Moving everything out is one thing, but ensuring what is left behind is clean and orderly will do much to smooth out the entire process. You won’t be tasked with making the place absolutely spotless, but a nice, deep clean can do much to improve the quality of your Exit Property. Keep in mind that you will need to go on two walkthroughs with the buyer, both after signing the contract and at the time of closing. Be sure to focus on key areas, including:
- Appliances — Check all of the appliances in your home (washer, dryer, microwave, etc.)
- Fixtures — All lights should be cleaned, with any burnt bulbs replaced.
- Surfaces — Floors and walls should be wiped down to remove any stains or grime. Now may be the perfect time to add a fresh layer of paint to increase your resale value!
- Storage spaces — We can forget about the items stored in the storage, attic, shed, and garage. Check each space to ensure you didn’t leave anything behind.
Proper lawn care will help to increase the aesthetics and value of your property, as the home’s curb appeal is often a top priority when buying or selling. B&M Amarillo Homes can provide the right instruction for each aspect of the property:
- Yard should be mowed, watered, and free of weeds.
- All trees and shrubs should be trimmed.
- Property should be free of pet droppings and unattached lawn decorations.
- Unused firewood should be removed.
All utilities on the property should be on and functioning at the time of possession. Any maintenance demands (i.e. HVAC filters) should be completed as well. It’s important to follow our trade-in checklist before making the property transaction, so be sure to catch up on all necessary items to make the closing process as smooth as possible.
Ready to buy a new home in Amarillo? Our team specializes in creating the most value for the lowest home prices across Texas, relying on our proven process to help you find the best possible deal. If you’re ready to trade in your current property, or you are interested in leasing to purchase your Amarillo home, be sure to contact us today!